This session is for PGR students who will demonstrate in the Biochemistry teaching labs. Different sessions are run for PGRs who demonstrate in CCCA, CMM and P&P.
The session includes:
- The role of the demonstrator in the team.
- Health and Safety - your responsibility to our students.
- How students learn, what are our objectives in the teaching labs?
- Effective teaching and feedback strategies.
- How to prepare for the practical: an introduction to eBiolabs, our Dynamic Laboratory Manual.
- Managing student engagement and discipline in the lab.
- Assessment and marking.
- Equality and diversity - recognising and overcoming unconscious bias.
- Evaluating and reflecting on your performance.
- Further opportunities to develop your sk