Grounded in best practice this half day workshop helps staff to build awareness of mental health issues, in order to develop the necessary confidence and communication skills to respond with compassion to students experiencing a range of distress
During this workshop (3.5-hour classroom delivery), participants will:
• To raise general awareness about mental health, to better respond to our own and other’s emotional health needs.
• Define mental health and the key factors involved for students when they begin to struggle.
• Consider how communication works, and learn the basic requirements for good listening.
• Learn key factors to consider when supporting a distressed student, and where to turn in a crisis.
• Consider their own needs in a supportive environment.
Designed for colleagues with a student-facing or front-line role in the University. For example:
We ask you to:
|Please be aware that failure to cancel your place three full working days before a course or failure to attend a course will incur a £50 charge to your school.|
|Important: Please seek approval from your line manager or equivalent before booking onto this course.|
|Location||Start Date||All Dates||Times||Places Available||Tutor||Book|